Aboriginal Heritage Inquiry System - conditions of use
Agree and continue
Please note that the Aboriginal Heritage Inquiry System is unavailable during the following times:
• From 4:00 AM until 4:30 AM Daily (Western Australian Time).
• From 7:00 PM until 7:30 PM Daily (Western Australian Time).
Start the Aboriginal Heritage Inquiry System (AHIS)
Before using AHIS please read the following.
Copyright and disclaimer
Important legal information about Aboriginal sites
Users of AHIS should note the following:
The Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (the Act):
- defines the meaning of "Aboriginal site" in Section 4 of the Act.
- protects all Aboriginal sites whether or not they are recorded on the Register of Aboriginal Sites or otherwise known to the Registrar of Aboriginal Sites, DAA or ACMC.
- provides for "offences relating to Aboriginal sites" in Section 17.
An Aboriginal site may:
- exist in any area of Western Australia.
- not have been recorded in the Register of Aboriginal Sites or elsewhere.
- not have been identified in previous heritage surveys or reports on that area but remains fully protected under the Act.
Therefore, the absence of any reference to an Aboriginal site in any area is not conclusive.
Consultation with relevant Aboriginal communities and native title claimants is recommended to identify any additional Aboriginal sites that may exist and what, if any further heritage surveys may be required.
Copyright Notice - maps and images on AHIS
Geoscience Australia Copyright for topographic map information shall at all times remain the property of the Commonwealth of Australia, Geoscience Australia, National Mapping Division. All rights reserved. (2005).
Microsoft Bing Maps Satellite and road base maps copyright © 2013 Microsoft Corporation and its data suppliers.
State of Western Australia
Aerial Photography, Cadastre, Local Government Authority, and Native Title boundary data copyright © Western Australian Land Information Authority trading as Landgate (2013).
Copyright for Geothermal Application, Geothermal Title, Mining Tenement, Petroleum Application, and Petroleum Title boundaries shall at all times remain the property of the State of Western Australia, Department of Mines and Petroleum. All rights reserved.